Thursday, August 16, 2012

Best Tortilla Soup

Last night we tried out this http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/03/quick-and-easy-thai-coconut-soup/ delicious Our Best Bites recipe that my little sister recommended to me. I love cooking and I especially love cooking soups! Last winter I made it my mission to find a good tortilla soup. Although I didn't ever find one specific recipe I liked, I took things from each of them (tried 3 different recipes) and made my own amazing tortilla soup recipe. It reminds me a lot of the Thai soup, but still delicious in its own way. It's the kind of soup you can get away with cooking in the summer time.

Best Tortilla Soup


Ingredients:
1 Tbs. oil
1 onion, chopped
2-14oz. can chicken broth
2-10oz. cans Rotel Mexican Lime and Cilantro
1-4oz. can diced green chilies
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1-15.25oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1-15.25oz. can corn, drained
1lb. chicken, cooked and shredded

GARNISH:
corn chips
lime
cilantro
avocado


Directions:

In a large pot, sauté onions in oil until tender. Add in chicken broth, Rotel, green chilies, spices, beans, and corn. Bring soup to a boil and add chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.

HOW TO SERVE

Place slightly crushed up corn chips in the bottom of a soup bowl. Next, ladle soup into bowl and garnish with fresh lime, cilantro, and avocado. Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment